Monday 7 May 2012

Made by Me May - Day 6


I learnt to sew on my Gran's sewing machine.  It was an old singer, you know the ones with the knee pedal.  I have that sewing machine in my craft room, although it does not work.
I started out making clothes for my barbie dolls and after I left school I did a fashion design course, I went on to working in childcare but always added to my wardrobe with my own creations.  I have been a big girl for most of my adult years and found it hard to find clothes that I liked and fit me, it has become easier over the years but the savings that can be made in making my own originals always won out for me.  Now I choose not to buy new clothes and haven't done so for approx 2 1/2 years.  Christchurch is an amazing place for buyng second hand, we have many charity shops that do a great service and I am proud to support these community groups.

I have already shown the shorts I used as a pattern, I used them to make the following leggings and shorts.

Before: Small Ladies Singlet Top

After: Size 2 girls shorts

Before: Ladies T

After: Girls Size 2 Leggings
Before: Funky Ladies Singlet

After: Cute Leggings on my favourite Wee Model



Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment