Saturday 26 May 2012

Made by Me May - Day 25

"So how is the bedroom going?" I hear you say.  Well since you asked.  I have now finished painting the furniture and am pretty happy with the result.

My Drawers before paint

After one coat

The Mr's Drawers Before
I've had my draws since I moved out of home, they were my mothers before that.  I remember when she bought them, I think I was 8 or 9.  So, they are approx 30 years old.  Two bedsides and one duchess are all that remains of a large bedroom suite.  I hated the look of them and have been wanting to paint them for an extremely long time.  For the time being they do not have the new handles they deserve, but hopefully they won't be too far off

Mr's Drawers After


Where did everything in the draws go to?  Well that would be here


Plus some bags of clothes in the spare room.  That chair in the corner with everything piled on will make it's way in to the bedroom as well.

Here's a quick wee look at my new bedside light.


A really really large jar I got from the shop one month filled with two strings of christmas lights.  I can turn on one string or two depending on how much light I want and can even get them to blink if I want, although I'm not sure why I would want.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment