Wednesday 4 July 2012

AWOL

I've been struggling to post since I finished the Made by Me May, I think it's a little to do with winter and my yearly hybernation and a lot to do with my lack of motivation at the moment.  I've still been doing some crafting but not alot.  I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by this whole idea of exposing myself to the world at large, and how I may react to any criticism, especially now people are starting to read my blog.

I have been impressed by the fantastic example a close friend of mine is exibiting in her own recently started blog about her struggle with depression and raising her daughter.  I have my own struggle with Depression, which I have not mentioned up until now.  I have lived with this my whole life and kept it to myself most of the time up until recently, I love my friends and family but have a hard time communicating and staying attached to them as I feel I am constantly disappointing them and so tend to distance myself.  Knowing that I am not alone in this is helping me so much.  I've also been spending some time with the kids in my life, they always bring me back down to earth while lifting my spirits at the same time. I am going to live by her example and remain true to who I am and be open and honest in all my posts.  I am who I am and I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Now the good news is that I'm back and I have some great projects in mind. Keep posted for tomorrow's Friday's Findings plus a new refashion.


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment